Have you thought of using new/different technologies to explore the impact of using new tools? I'm presenting a new session at Minnesota Developer Conference on Tuesday 5/4/2021 (Star Wars day) that will explore the technology and implementation details to make this type of implementation work.
Check it out!
Cosmos Tools for the Relational Developer
Tuesday 5/4 at 11:00 am - MDC 2021 | Minnesota Developers Conference (mndevconf.com)
Understanding how your data works is crucial to taking advantage of the capabilities and power of Cosmos DB, from setting up and migrating data, to querying to understanding performance consequences of data manipulation. These tasks become easier thanks to a growing ecosystem of tools around the Cosmos DB platform. In this session we'll look at how Cosmos DB tools available from Microsoft and 3rd parties make it easy to make the transition from the relational to Cosmos.
The topics we'll cover include:
- Why Azure Cosmos DB
- Provisioning a Cosmos DB from the Azure Portal
- Code patterns for working with Cosmos
- Data Migration
- Data Modeling and strategies for performance and cost optimization
Some reference links:
- Alpaqa Studio - https://alpaqastudio.com
- Thomas Weiss - (MSFT Docs) Model and partition data on Azure Cosmos DB with a real-world example
- Jeff Widmer - GitHub: AzureCosmosDbBlogExample
- Nikisha Reyes-Grange - (Cosmos Blog) Data modeling, partitioning, and pricing in 2 minutes
- Deborah Chen - (Cosmos Blog) Run C# notebooks with Azure Cosmos DB
- Brian Chavez - GitHub : Bogus Mock Data Generator